Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Planting switch on a slope

Anyone have any ideas on how I could get switch to grow on a steep slope backside of pond dike?
I'm afraid if I broadcast it will wash away and I will be hard to pack on a 45 degree steep of a slope.

Anyone have any ideas on how I could get switch to grow on a steep slope backside of pond dike?
I'm afraid if I broadcast it will wash away and I will be hard to pack on a 45 degree steep of a slope.
Drill it in. If erosion is a concern - could run oats with it and keep it mowed. Lot of ways to do it. Drill it about 1/4” to 1/8th” deep

I've drilled it. On new pond I broadcast it and packed it in multiple times. It's doing well
Do you need to wait to spray it before first flush of weeds if it's bare dirt or just broadcast now since we are getting rain?

I'm thinking if I broadcast seed now I may run into issues in the future with weeds coming alive in seed bank. Thoughts?

Do you need to wait to spray it before first flush of weeds if it's bare dirt or just broadcast now since we are getting rain?

I'm thinking if I broadcast seed now I may run into issues in the future with weeds coming alive in seed bank. Thoughts?
If its clean now I'd plant it and spray 2 quarts per acre simazine or atrazine.

Top Bottom