Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

FOREST RESERVE - why repealing the law is devastating!

I’ll be there 8 am tomorrow. Taking time from corn & bean planting as this is THAT IMPORTANT! Implore u guys to call in!!! I will give it all I got. Team effort here & I am calling for reinforcements!!

I emailed all senators and the ONLY responses I have received have been from democrats - all agreed with me and are opposed. R's have been missing the mark on a lot of things (not just conservation) this year in my opinion and it is very frustrating.

The most recent email was less than an hour ago from the senate minority leader and she said it has been referred to Ways and Means where it will be assigned to a subcommittee.
Dems have been missing the mark on a lot of things also so not sure why you felt it necessary to add that to your post. They all suck as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Dems have been missing the mark on a lot of things also so not sure why you felt it necessary to add that to your post.
It’s a sad reality I had to accept many years ago when understanding iowa politics. I am RUBY RED to my core. Right wing conservative. I still call myself “open minded” & i INVITE the other sides POV & Debate… with that said- on hunter issues - the fact is: IOWA Dems are on the RIGHT side of the issues. They are, basically 100%. And we need them!!! Now- calling it HOW I SEE IT: 75% of republicans are also on the RIGHT SIDE. What does that leave? It leaves 25% of Republicans on the WRONG side. Im ashamed of those 25%. I’m proud of the 75% & on the Hunting, environment, outdoors…. they + the Dems have been great. Do I cringe about many issues they support? SURE! But- we have to step back & call a spade a spade on the issues.
& heck - I would historically call Farm Bureau “the enemy of the sportsman, environment, conservative conservationist, etc”. BUT… again- there’s been some issues we have agreed on and been “friends” to defeat. Politics is a strange world my friends …. I would simply bottom line this here…. For state level politics & the forces against hunters & our fragile state…. We have to accept help/support from those offering …. Our hunting issues would be GONE had we not had good Dems on our side. We have to be able to admit that. & we have to be able to call out the republicans when they are on the wrong side of the issues. There’s a lot of good ones. But there’s a few that should be primaried out as they define corrupt self interest sell outs!!!! I absolutely applaud those on both sides supporting what is RIGHT for our state, economics, environment, sportsman, future of hunting, etc.

Top Bottom