Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thompson Center question

Woehlk

Aim Small Miss Small
I currently shoot a Thompson Center Encore Pro Hunter. When I recently started searching for an extra speed breech XT for my gun, I've noticed several issues.

1. There's nothing out there for sale that matches what came with the gun originally.
2. The speed breech offered doesn't look like it's meant to use the extractor, and looks like the model offered with the FX.
3. The model shown on the website doesn't use the original tool for removal, but instead would use a 1/2" socket wrench. However, this model does seem to fit with the extractor currently in the gun.

Is there anyone on here that's pretty familiar with TC, and could give me some insight to this change?

I called TC today, and they made it seem that all Encores now use the same speed breech. In all reality I would prefer the type with the 1/2" socket, as the original tool is really a pain to use with a scope. Anyway they said to email them my serial number, picture of what I currently have, and what is currently available.

Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated as this isn't a cheap part to purchase for a spare, and eventual replacement for the original.

The only breech plug I'm aware of that uses a 1/2" socket isn't a speed breech. I don't remember seeing a extractor on the speed breech. Anyone else? Search Ebay under Thompson Center breech and see if that clears anything up?

Last edited:
if you look at E. Arthur Brown Co. it looks like they have the speed plug you're looking for.

Top Bottom