Iowawhitetail forums

Go Back   Iowawhitetail forums > Whitetail Conference > Iowa Whitetail Conference
Register Blogs FAQ Members List IW Links IW Photo Gallery PMA Big Buck Contest PMA Membership Detail Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hunting Land 4-Sale
Sponsors
Lick Creek Enterprises
Feeder Information

Blind Information

Old 01-02-2003, 10:34 AM   #1
Rudd
Life Member

Default Muzzleloader Question: TC or Knight

I am wanting to try Muzzleloading this year and am interested in any input on which model you feel is better and why. I like the changability with the TC Encore/Omega and the Knight Disk Exteme. My biggest problem... I am a southpaw and do not want to buy a RH gun (knight) I like there thumbhole stock but when talking with Knight they are wanting almost $800 for one directly from them. I have a call into Scheel's and anxiously await a price from them. I guess Knight wants to support dealers and charges more than a dealer to discourage from people buying them direct. The Encore would be a universal gun that does not descriminate against RH/LH. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-02-2003, 02:51 PM   #2
moosehunter
PMA Member

Default Re: Muzzleloader Question: TC or Knight

I'm sorry to hear about your lefthanded problem [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] . I own a Knight and you'd have to shoot me to get it from me. It's the most reliable and accurate muzzleloader that I know of and have ever shot. However, I have looked at the Encores though and do like them for what that's worth. I don't know if 2 or 3 hundred dollars more for the lefthanded Knight would be worth it. I'd seriously concider the Encore. [img]graemlins/kaboom_spawn.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2003, 11:46 PM   #3
Shredder
Life Member

I hace the TC Encore and really enjoy it. I got a 20 gauge barrel for my wife to turkey hunt with, Plan on getting a 22-250 barrel for varmints. etc. It is a very versatile gun for all around hunting and can be used for a trap gun with the 12 Gauge barrel. Just whatever you a comfy with, just figured I would give my 2 cents worth
Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 08:53 AM   #4
Rudd
Life Member

Thanks Shredd/Moose for your replies. Still no word from Scheels. I didn't realize they had a 12 gauge barrell for the Encore as well. Does the Encore have a safety other than the hammer itself? Does it (M/L barrell) load lefty friendly? Moose, I shot RHanded for 16 years and decided to go Lefty after missing a gobbler at 25 yards several years back. It has made a big difference in my archery scores and pheasants. The weapon world is not so friendly when it comes to lefties. Thanks again for your replies.
Anyone Else have some Insight??
Old 01-03-2003, 09:10 AM   #5
Baby-G
PMA Member

Go with the Encore. It is amazingly accurate and available in many calibers!!! In my opinion it is the best muzzleloader out their!
Old 01-03-2003, 09:11 AM   #6
Deano

I love my knight Extreme with the Thumbhole. I just got dad one for X mas and with the stainless barrel and thumbhole it was around $515.00. It is allot of money but it is probably the last muzzleloader I or he will own.

Deano
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 09:39 AM   #7
bowmaker

I'm a big fan of the Knight rifles, and shoot a disc rifle. I have handled both the Encore and the thumbhole Knight, but have not shot either one. I don't like the feel of the Encore, it feels very heavy and awkward to me, but would probably be good from a fixed rest. The thumbhole stock also felt very slow to get into action, but felt very good once it was on the shoulder. Most people like what they are use to, and I like the regular stocked Knignt disc. Buy what feels best to you.
bowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 03:56 PM   #8
wanab.c.

I know the knight has a lot of fans and it should, but I like the encore better.
The hammer is the only safety as thats all you need and the encore is much easer to clean.
wanab.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 10:06 PM   #9
idsman75

Knight makes a darn fine rifle. I've had the priviledge of holding one. I went to Scheel's and spoke with a salesman who I go through for all of my business. He's friendly and he's a real straight-shooter. Sometimes I stop in to buy a $2 pack of paper targets and then spend the next hour just shooting the breeze with him. I saw a rare thing. They had a T/C Omega with the camo synthetic stock AND a camo finish on the barrel. Try to find that on T/C's website or anywhere else! He told me that there were three calls that day about that gun and each caller stated that they would be in after work to buy it. I took it off the shelf and shouldered it. It felt like a dream. I plunked down $150 and had that sucker in layaway before you could say "flash-to-bang". T/C and Knight both have outstanding reputations. This is going to be my first muzzleloader but I have no doubts that the simplicity of cleaning and thet accuracy will be quite pleasing. It also feels just right. If you're ever in the Sioux City area I'll take you out to where I shoot and have a go at it. I still have another $150 to pay on it.

(Total price was $499 + Tax)

idsman75@peoplepc.com
idsman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 10:14 AM   #10
Shoe

Do not buy the new Savage smokeless, total junk ................................
Shoe is offline   Reply With Quote