Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Two step verification a pain

...yeah that was annoying. Hope that ends. IMO just leave things how they are, the site was fine before trying to change things.

Hey Guys, sorry about the hassle today...so first off, I've disabled the requirement of 2FA for everyone except for us admins and moderators... so most of ya'll should be okay now...business as usual. ;o)

Here's what happened...one of our mods was using a "not strong" password and it got hacked by some F*#* in Singapore... because his account had moderator privileges, the hacker was able to delete several key things I'd been working on. I enabled 2FA for everyone while I got this stuff sorted out today.

Mods, if anyone is having difficulty setting up 2FA, just let me know and I'll help you through it.

Again, sorry for the inconveniences on occasion guys...we're not trying to make things harder for you. We're trying to make things harder for bad people to do bad things and reduce our workload fixing things when they do mess things up.

Enjoy your weekend!

I got through it on my phone but it won't let me in on my computer. I enter the confirmation code it sends but I get the" oops, we ran into some problems" message when I hit confirm.

I got through it on my phone but it won't let me in on my computer. I enter the confirmation code it sends but I get the" oops, we ran into some problems" message when I hit confirm.
I've disabled 2FA for you hillrunner, so you should be okay now. I'm not sure what specifically happened with yours...it may have been because you tried setting up 2FA before I disabled it for all regular members, so yours got left enabled...not sure, but should be fixed now anyway. Thanks.

Top Bottom