Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ATL

crietveld

Fresh last night
21945a9503807914479141ef8ef40fbb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What part of Iowa? Northern half or souther half?
I am in northern MO. Dying to start looking but hate to
bump bucks out of timber.

Ive got 2 up here in Northern Iowa, but everything else is still holding solid. Both are just dinks, the big ones all still carrying.

Those are some good bucks Daver, especially with the hit from EHD in your area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, we are very pleased to have "something around". Only one of those three was around in any form up until mid-November. And the one that we did recognize was not around very much, FWIW. We had very few pics of him, but we did have some.

So EHD dropped our numbers big time...but there were a couple of other factors too in our opinion. My son shot a 7 year old "bully", really the only shooter we had left, in early November. We really feel like that buck was so bossy that he kept others from hanging out on our place much.

Once he was out of the timber...well, now we start seeing some other good bucks showing up. We also had good food, not great because of the drought, but relatively good for our area this year since everyone was fighting low moisture.

We also didn't gun hunt at all because of low numbers, so we had a pretty favorable setup to get some "move ins", giving us some hope for the next year. All in all, we are in fair shape for next year...and I thought in Oct./Nov. that we were screwed for a couple of years. We'll take it.

Get those bullies DOWN guys. We were already persuaded to get them...but this year has made it even more clear hos important it is to get them.

Top Bottom