Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Sportsman's Club Dinner & Sweepstakes

Hey Everyone,
I wanted to reach out here and invite all of the Iowa Whitetail members to our first Inaugural banquet this coming Friday, March 1 in Des Moines. It will be held Friday night in the lower level of Hy-Vee Hall (below the Iowa Deer Classic), and doors open at 5:30pm. Below is a link to our program, as well as the link to buy tickets. Your dinner ticket gets you access to Silent and Live Auctions, Raffles, Dinner and Appetizers, and a wristband for free drinks at the open bar. We have a TON of products to send home with folks and there are a few seats left (not many). You will also be able to buy walk-in tickets later this week, which won't get you dinner, and only come with 2 drink tickets, but still get you access to the events. Not to mention, you'll get to hear Skip Sligh as the Keynote Speaker!

Links:
2024 Event Program
Tickets

If you can't make it to the event, some of the Auction Items are available for Online Bid at:
Online Auction

We're also running a Membership Sweepstakes for this week only, until the close of the Iowa Deer Classic. Join our chapter this week, before the end of the Iowa Deer Classic and be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes.

Included in that Sweepstakes are great prizes like:
- Hawk Hunting Office Box Blind
- Filmed and produced turkey hunt with Jared Mills, on his own property
- Custom Food Plot Plan with seed included
- Certificate for (1) silencer from Silencer Central
- Stealth Cam Fusion X-Pro cellular camera

***Do Not have to be present at the Deer Classic to win***

Link to purchase : Memberships

429897960_122161606814021629_5836266129008349525_n.jpg

Hope to see you all this weekend!

See u all there. If u haven’t got tickets to ISC gala- it’s best charity fundraiser to defend iowa we’ve seen!! Seminars all 3 days at classic too on keeping iowa great. Thanks for ISC for putting this on & the amazing things they have done & will do!!! See you there!!!!

Sold out. Most unbelievable crowd & event I’ve been to. Never would have guessed an organization under 1 year old would pull what they did off. We had the right legislators there & a group of fighters that stepped up. ISC is funded really great now. That event blew my expectations out of the water!!!!! Thank u all!!!!!

Sold out. Most unbelievable crowd & event I’ve been to. Never would have guessed an organization under 1 year old would pull what they did off. We had the right legislators there & a group of fighters that stepped up. ISC is funded really great now. That event blew my expectations out of the water!!!!! Thank u all!!!!!
Looked awesome and the governor tag auction looked like it brought great money. Will definitely be attending next year.

It was a great event. My wife and I both enjoyed it and hopefully there will be even more people there next year. With groups like this I think it will make it much harder for special interests to ruin this state although it won't stop them from trying. Thanks to all for putting on this great event and based on the results of the auction I would like to hope this is a solid foundation for this group.

I had a very enjoyable evening supporting the cause and meeting fellow sportsmen. I'll definitely be there again next year. Thanks again to Skip and the others that are helping Keep Iowa Great!

Great event! We really appreciated hearing from you Skip. I know putting on something like this isn't easy so I'm truly thankful for all the work the entire team put into pulling this off. Proud to be a member of the DSC Iowa Sportsman's Club and after last night a lifetime member at that!

It was great seeing everyone rallying together for a good cause. The event went as smooth as possible and will be interesting to see how much we raised. Skip, thanks alot for your efforts and assisting this great organization along. Let's keep Iowa great!

10/10! Thanks to all that attended or helped in other ways. Skip- great work as usual on speaking and help leading efforts. I had the legislators and our lobbyist at my dinner table and speaking with them, the event hit the bullseye and our voices are being heard. There has been a large amount of buzz from all over the country with the event, governors tag new record and traction the ISC is gaining, word is spreading quite rapidly in the industry. Proud to be apart of this and the hard work is just beginning.

Great organization, I think people are getting tired of all the national organizations like Whitetails unlimited, Pheasants Forever. Never see where the money goes and all the items you can win and bid on is just junk. More people should have their own county or statewide banquets instead of these national chain deals.

^to be fair...pheasants forever chapters keep 100% control of their funds raised, which is a higher % than DSC chapters... I'm not here to start a pissing match but credit where credit is due. PF bought 350ac in Fremont county along the river and put it into public access a year or two ago, there have been thousands of acres of public acquired just in Iowa through PF. They/we have done a lot for public access, private land habitat projects, etc. I'm a PF volunteer, and just joined ISC. There's room for everyone here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom