Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

FISHING ‘24! GO!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Post em up as u do it!
We fished the KS farm for first time. I’ve never caught a blue cat in my life. Charlie caught 6 in 45 mins. I caught 1. It’s insane. They must be reproducing cause variation in age & size. Creek flows into pond & it’s deep. So- my GUESS is, they multiplying. Never expected this in an hour. I don’t get out fishing much but with kids - that’ll change. Post up some fish pics & adventures if you get any. Did release em all. If I know they be good eaters & they reproduce- maybe try one. Happy Easter!

IMG_8906.jpeg
IMG_8891.jpeg
IMG_2027.jpeg
IMG_2031.jpeg
IMG_8851.jpeg

Last edited:
Huge cats for a pond. Anything else in there or have they ate it all?

I have a fishing trip planned for early May, hope to have pics to share.

Huge cats for a pond. Anything else in there or have they ate it all?

I have a fishing trip planned for early May, hope to have pics to share.
There is “wipers” in there. I know that. More but I will find out soon!!!

Looks delicious!!!! Good eaters?
Actually, the best eaters were ones that I didn't take any pictures of. Mangrove Snappers and Mackerals were the best eating fish...and they were EXCELLENT. (Snook, pictured, are good to eat, but tightly controlled on what you can keep. So none of those fish in the pics was taken to the table.)

Several of the restaurants in that area had a program called, "Hook and Cook", where you take your freshly caught fish in to the restaurant and they prepare them per their recipes. Absolutely fabulous eating...if you are ever in a "fishy" area you may want to check into it. Fresh seafood prepared by people that cook fish well every day is unbeatable.

Several of the restaurants in that area had a program called, "Hook and Cook", where you take your freshly caught fish in to the restaurant and they prepare them per their recipes. Absolutely fabulous eating...if you are ever in a "fishy" area you may want to check into it. Fresh seafood prepared by people that cook fish well every day is unbeatable.
We took advantage of this while in Tamarindo, Costa Rica, taking mahi mahi in for them to prepare. They'd cook it two or three different ways each meal.

Top Bottom