Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

04 fall season

teeroy

Life Member
with the fall season also right around the corner, lets hear some tips and tactics for getting some birds. i normally get one during a pheasant hunt, but i told supertec that i would try to help him get one, so i'm gonna need all the help i can get

I've had luck the last couple of falls by spotting a group of birds and getting in position ahead of them and doing some quiet calling ... purrs, clucks. Basically just imitate what the birds do as they browse through the timber ... maybe even scratch some leaves. I try to pick a jake, but you gotta take what you can before they bust you. Late afternoon works well, or mid morning.

Good luck!

Threebeards

i go to my old stand by. as long as i can remember over 150 birds roost in this one area and there's only one way they come in. i set up my blind, grab a book, and wait to ambush them.

i also like to bust flocks up and then use the "kee kee" call to bring in the young ones...they taste just heavenly.

Mature gobblers are dang near impossible to call in fall and winter.For them you will have a better chance bushwackin' them. Hens and young toms can be called with yelps and kee kee calls. Good luck

150 birds, wow. I think I would just throw my bow at them, with 150 birds a guys got to hit something!!!!!!!!!!
grin.gif

depends on how badly one misses, i'm pretty sure i could throw my hoyt nearly 100 feet or more if i properly wound up. those mathews are too heavy, probably only get around 35 feet.
shocked.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Top Bottom