Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

.19 vs. .29 sight pins

19 they are smaller for shooting longer distances. They will not cove up as much of the target. Plenty bright also.

I would get the wrapped sight in either tho.

Sent using IW app

I have been contemplating this too. I have been leaning towards a 29 first pin and 19 for 2 and 3 and maybe 4. Thinking about a 10 for pin #5. However not sure what kind of tweaks can be made without increasing costs too much. I have never even shot a 10 so maybe that is too small. Any opinions on varying pin sizes???

I use the smallest ones I can find.. the smaller it is the more accurate u can be but the smaller you go the harder it is to see in low light. For 3D shoots definately go as small as possible and for hunting, go as small as u can comfortably see

I've got the Right On Wrapped with 5 .19s. Love the sight just wish I had it in .010 pins. I have no issues seeing .19s until the end of legal shooting time and I shoot a little bit of 3D. My 3D partner shoots the same sight with .29s unwrapped and he's cusses everytime he has to gap his pins becuase his pins are so close and so big.

deadeye said:
I have been contemplating this too. I have been leaning towards a 29 first pin and 19 for 2 and 3 and maybe 4. Thinking about a 10 for pin #5. However not sure what kind of tweaks can be made without increasing costs too much. I have never even shot a 10 so maybe that is too small. Any opinions on varying pin sizes???

If your sight is a spot hog I have that info. I emailed them about changing my sight.

Here is the reply I got.

Hi Josh - We offer an upgrade to the Bullet Proof pins for $20, plus return
shipping (the sight must be sent to us for the upgrade, and we keep your
original wrapped pins). You can also get a custom pin arrangement for an
additional $10.

I don't know if will only cost $10 for the custom pin arrangement. But I'm guessing it would be. They have great CS.

Sent using IW app

Spot-Hogg will custom make the sight with any pins you chose. Any size or color you want.

I have a wrap on mine hogg Hunter but I think it's too bright so I have it covered up all the time. But I think the wrap acts as a guard and helps protect my pins.

I would go with .10 pins for 40 yards and greater.

I use an HHA, but recommend .19 pins in everything. Any sight with wrapped fiber optics will provide plenty of light and you then can shoot longer distances much more accurately.

I use an HHA, but recommend .19 pins in everything. Any sight with wrapped fiber optics will provide plenty of light and you then can shoot longer distances much more accurately.

X2, although I shoot a Black Gold. When I switched from my previous sight with .29 pins to the .19 pins, my accuracy improved dramatically, including out to 60 yards.

If you are considering a SH, look at one with all .10 pins. I have the Hogg IT 5 pin with all .10 and would not change them. They are plenty bright and great for hunting and 3D. I have had 0 issues seeing them in low light. I wouldn't recommend that small of a pin with alot of sights, but with SH, that is the only way to go IMO :way:

I ordered my Spot Hogg with the top 2 pins .19 and .10's on the others. After 1 year I sent it in and had all pins converted to .10. Love the small pins!

Top Bottom