Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1st time corn planter 2023

StucknAz

Hey all, this was my first year planting corn. I have roughly 4 acres and the deer are just starting to get to it. I planted two types of corn, both high oil blends, 2 acres Higgins and 2 from lapratt. Both look outstanding.

? Is, my hunt is Oct 29 thru Nov 3rd in SE Ohio. Would you reccomend knocking down any at my blind locations? If so how do you reccomend? Brush hog? What height do you cut, at the base or up higher at ear? Should I just take oit a couple rows along the outer perimeter of the entire field which borders rye/brassica and clover sections?

Would mowing down a row between the two blind locations be beneficial so the exits are at the kill locations which are supplemented with mock scrape posts?

Also for you guys that are in baiting states do you have any tricks for corn distribution other than gravity feeder or pile?

Disclaimer I hate bait but have to do it due to neighbors. Skip, work your magic and eliminate Ohio baiting! I miss when deer had natural patterns rather than corn pile transistions.

Bet Ohio baiting is gone in next few years. Would be so great for almost everyone if it happened!!!!
Bush hog would be best. If blind is elevated - don’t go to the blind. So u have bit of standing corn as a screen. Mow height pry ain’t big deal. 6” so it shreds it up. High rpm speed. Your greens will pry be a huge hit in that timeframe too. They pounding mine!!!!

Top Bottom