Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2 Way Radios

Ghost

Life Member
I am going to buy some 2 way radios for shed hunting with my friends. It would just be nice to keep in touch when out of sight in big timber.

Shredder has little legs but man can those little suckers move.
cool.gif

Auggie wanders around until he needs a little something out of my soft pack.
beerchug.gif

Limb Chicken brings his own soft pack and really could care less where I am.
grin.gif

Splitty is on his own mission.
waytogo.gif

I want some good ones with great range and it would be nice if they had some kind of holster.

Could anyone recommend a brand they have had real good luck with?

Thanks!
grin.gif

I think you need to get some that have cameras in them so we can get live action photos of Shredder in trees, Limb doing Eddie impressions and Auggie trying to figure out why his cigar won't stay lit.
evil.gif
beerchug.gif

Those Midlands are nice if you need that kind of range, but I use Motorolla's "about half the cost" and they talk great up to three miles. Even in the hills. Mine are "Talk-abouts" and are over 4 years old still going strong, last a long time on 3 AA batteries.

Midlands are great we just bought a pair from Basspro $79 12 mile range 4 watts recharger and voice activated head phones, not bad. They will last for more than a day without being recharged

If you really want to keep track of em, check out the Garmin Rhino. Pricey, but it gives you a GPS unit and the ability to "track" location of other Rhino users right on-screen. Radios are supposed to have decent range as well.

Shredder, where were those a few weeks ago????
doah.gif
Ghost, if you think he covers ground, you have no idea....

Well Ogz, you have legs like a giraffe and cover ground in no time. What was it...15 minutes and 1.5 miles later I finally had to call on the cell phone to see where the heck you were.
grin.gif

Ogz...if you walk faster than Shredder then your missing a lot of sheds. Next time maybe I will just follow you.
grin.gif

midlands and you want to get 7 or 10 mile range ive had the others and i cant figure out where they get their range guide lines

Top Bottom