Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2003 shotgun 10pt

dblmainbeam

Hers the buck I shot today 12/10/03.
Saturday and Sunday afriend of mine and I hunted some private ground right next to a real big piece of public ground thinking maybe someone would push out a big boy to us, but that didn't work. We could have shot a few small bucks and alot of does but we held out. Monday and tuesday I hunted with my dad and his big hunting party. We got alot of deer but never even seen a nice buck.
I plow snow in the winter and we got this crappy weather and I thought I was going to have to work. Luckily there was someone to fill my place so I could get one more day of hunting in. So this morning I went out and battled the wind and cold by myself. I wasnt early enough to be first into the public ground I wanted to hunt. So I sat on a different chunk of public. Didn't see a thing. I went to town for something to eat about 10:00. Drove by the public I wanted to hunt in the first place and the lot was empty. So I walked until I quit finding other peoples foot prints about a mile. I followed a real nice deer trail but it didnt have any fresh tracks. I found a spot to sit I didnt think I would see much. Started thinking that it was a realbummer of a season because I hadn't seen any nice bucks. About 20 mintues later around 1:30 2 does and a fawn past in front of me at 20 yards then behind them came this guy. Took aim and shot he ran another 20 yards and dropped.
The only problem was the drag out. Im beat.
sleeping.gif
peace.gif
788my2003_shotgun.JPG

congrats on a great buck!!!! sometimes when you dont think its gonna work out, it just magically does, way to stick it out!!!
applause.gif

That's a beautiful 10 point! Way to stick it out, those who hunt hard will be rewarded and this is proof! Congradulations!

Thanks everybody. This is my biggest buck so far. I feel like I earned him even though I didn't shoot this buck where I did all my scouting this summer and fall. It's an amazing feeling when you get the one you want when everything you think about seems revolves around whitetail. I must be obsessed with hunting them. I guess so are all of you. Now that my hunting seasons done I ll be dreaming about sheds falling off.
30571-green1.gif

Top Bottom