Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2009 Walleye Classic

dblmainbeam

Never thought I'd be disappointed in a 3rd place, But we lost one fish at the boat that would have won it for us. OK I'm tickled pink It was a great weekend.
I prefished thursday fished a spot and caught a 21 incher. Friday fished all over the lake and caught lost of short fish. Went back to the spot I caught the 21 and picked up a 24 incher. I knew where I was fishing the whole weekend.
The fishing was terrible with temps in the 30's at blast off and 30 mph winds. The first 2 hours we never had a bite and my old man was hinting really hard he wanted to try something different. So finally I said we can do what ever after this drift. About then I hooked a 5.53 lb 26 inch walleye. So we decided to stick with it. About an hour later a 6.60 lb 27 1/2" fish.
I'm pumped thinking we might have big fish. We have an old lund and it looks pretty silly out there among all those $20,000 plus boats. Our live well doesn't pump water like the new boats so we went and weighed the girls early. I couldn't believe a 27 1/2 inch fish would only weigh 6.6. The females must not be putting the weight back on yet. Anyway I got up there and somebody brought in a 7.3. Oh well We had over 12 lbs of fish and half a day to fish. Well we should have tried some new spots in the afternoon but its tough to leave a spot. 12.13lbs the 1st day in third place.]
Day 2
It was may dads turn. We no more then got to our spot and my dad hooked a 21 3/4 inch fish. I wanted to go mike icanelli so bad!! Well I don't know what I did wrong but I never had a bite all day. My dad caught 4 and we had one come off at the boat.
We ended up staying in third and missed second by 2 oz. and 1st by a pound and a half.
Nothing like getting paid to fish!!

http://iowawhitetail.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=143&pictureid=1209
http://iowawhitetail.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=143&pictureid=1208

Nice job. I have fished that tourney quite a few times and even emceed it a couple years. The last two times I fished it, I got 21st place both times... and they pay to 20th. Go figure.

Always lots of fun.

Hey Adam I grew up in Forest City, Probably know you or your kin.

Top Bottom