Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

209 primer conversion for remington 700ml

luvtohunt

Does anyone know if there is a 209 primer conversion available for the Remington 700 muzzleloader? If so, has anyone tried it? And does it work well? Thank you for your response.

Wow, a post that's not bashing gun hunters!

Good job, lovtohunt! Here, Try this:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod.jhtml?id=0006644&navAction=push&navCount=2&indexId=cat20819&parentId=cat20819&parentType=index&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2 Fen%2Fcommon%2Fcatalog%2Fpod-link.jhtml.2_A&_DAV=0006644

I've never tried them, but have asked for the 209 conversion for my CVA for Christmas. We'll see if I've been naughty or nice.

[This message has been edited by iowawhitetail (edited 12-24-2001).]

Hello,
A friend of mine bought the conversion and love's it,he has not had a misfire since putting the kit in his gun.He did seem to have alot of problem's with the musket cap's and even sent the gun back to remington to have it checked,they could not find anything wrong but he still had problem's with misfire's.He has not had a single misfire since installing the 209 kit.IT WORK'S WELL!

Found the conversion kit for a rem 700 209 primer, at basspro.com. for 50 bucks.

can you do it to a rem modle 700?
Do you just get a knew breach plug, and then the disc kit, or is it a different way? Where can I get info about getting the 209 primer for a rem 700?

[This message has been edited by jason (edited 12-24-2001).]

Top Bottom