Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

21pt buck to hit top 10 Iowa all time record

scout

I was told the Friday Nov 15 edition of the CR Gazette had the story. I'm not getting any results searching for it. Anyone seen the story? Scores well over 200"

Here you go Scout. 239 and some change nontypical. WOW!

deer2.gif

deer4.gif

Does anyone know what date that was shot? That doesn't even look real. What a pig. Iowa is God's country.

I hunt the Ammunition Plant outside Burlington, IA. Two of my buddies and I hunted the plant this year and took a 140, 150 and 160 class buck. We all geeked up on the big one. According to security a 21pt with a 26in spread was taken that field dressed over 270lbs. It's very possible since only approx 100 bow hunters are allowed on the plant (19,ooo plus acres), 50 early, 50 late muzzleloaders and 100 to 200 shotgun hunters. Last year due to 9/11 the plant was closed to hunting.

Rumor has it that hunting on the plant is in jeoperdy. Hunters drawn to hunt any ammuntion plant might be required to be excorted to stand and back. If this requirement comes to be the plant biologist will close the plant due to the fact that he doesn't have the man power to excort hunters. Sharp shooters will be brought in to control populations. The goal this year was 1,000 deer. This plant is the best kept secret in Iowa.

Top Bottom