Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2nd Iowa Turkey

Jethro

Well guys i officially ended my season on Friday afternoon at 1:23 p.m. I hunted all morning heard little gobbling and seen only two hens.I hunted till 1:15 and after not seeing or hearing anything for four hours i decided to head back to the house until that evening. I walked about 50 yards and busted a hen out of the crp grass. I then noticed a jake running away from me. Then i heard a cluck off to my right. I knelt down did some soft purrs and clucks and saw red coming through the wooded draw into the crp grass. At about forty yards he walked behind a cedar tree and i pulled the gun up. Remember i'm wide open in a crp grass field. He got to into about 25 yards before i had a clear shot through the grass. Just then he spotted me and stopped. He had enough time to alarm putt once but that was it. He wasn't a whopper but he's still a turkey. He only weighed 16 lbs. and had a 6" beard but oh well. It just goes to show you that anything can happen when you turkey hunting. All in all it's been a great season. With three turkeys down (one S.D. Merriam and two Iowa easterns) I'm going to call it a year and get back to reality. Good luck to all of those who are still hunting. Don't give up! I myself have taken two Iowa longbeards the last day of the season. It's not over till it's over!!!
waytogo.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom