Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

3D Shoots--silly question

Danno

PMA Member
OK, I'm getting good enough with the bow that I just might try a 3D shoot just for kicks. At least I don't think I'll be a danger for everyone in the county now. I've never done this before, so here's my simple question. I see most of the shoots have a registration time of something like 8-2. Do you just show up anytime in that time frame and go through the course? I'm sure I can pick up any other rules when I get to one. I don't mind being annoying with questions. Thanks.
Dan

Registration time is exactly that, the time frame that you register in. Plan on 2-4 hours shooting a course, depending on how many targets or the crowds. Good Luck, and have fun!

Come up to the Rendevous June 11 and 12. It's a heck of a nice course and there might even be a suds or 2 waiting for ya when your done........
31045-cheers2.gif

I just started shooting the 3D's two years ago. I was hesitant to even go to the first one because I had just started the archery thing as a hobby and didn't feel real confident in my abilities.

I'm glad I went.

You can show up anytime between the posted registration hours. You'll have to pay a fee to walk the course. They'll give you a pencil and a score card. From there on out you're on your own. Follow the flow of people to the first target and enjoy!
It's a lot easier if you can go with a buddy or two the first time. It's also a lot more fun shooting with friends. However, I've gone to more than 1 shoot by myself and glommed onto a small group. I've met some great folks this way.

I've never had anybody laugh menacingly at a poor shot. I've never had anybody criticize me.

I have had people compliment me on a good shot. I've had a lot of good laughs with other archers. I have always had a blast at the shoots.

Some guys go to shoot for the competition, but most just go to shoot. I would bet that wherever you go for your first shoot there will be folks there that will gladly help you out.

I'd love to come up to the Rendevous, but it doesn't look feasible this year. Too far and too many committments for an overnight. I think there is one here in Ames that weekend though, so I think I'll give it a shot. And thanks for all the help guys.
Dan

Top Bottom