Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4-27 bow kill

dblmainbeam

What an awesome morning. Its been a tough season for me it seems. The weather hasn't made it much fun. The cold isn't so bad but these 30mph winds got old. I was going to go out yesturday but got up to howling winds and decided to work instead.

This morning I woke up and knew it was going to be exciting. I Got my blind and decoys set up about 20 to 5 this morning. It wasn't 5 minutes after that and the woods went crazy with gobbling. Went on for a good hour with no breaks. I waited to call until I thought they were on the ground. That was 6:10. I gave a few soft calls and the gobbling stopped. I thought you have to be kidding me. They know my calls and Ive scared them already.

Then I took a peek out the back of my blind to see a Tom running full speed towards my set up. I went into panic mode. He stopped just off to the side of me and started strutting. Its the big Tom I have been watching since last year. Well he started walking away. About then 3 gobbles right behind me. Another nice Tom and to little guys. The big one circled way out in front of me the came running to my left and stopped about thirty yards out and I shot right over his back. He headed for the woods. The other 3 just kept on gobbling at my decoys but wouldn't come into my set up. I gave a few soft clucks on my slate call and the bigger if the three came right in putting on a good show. He gave me a 10 yard shot. Weighed 18lbs 2oz. identical 3/4" spurs and a 9 1/8 beard. I was home by 7:15.
P4280083.JPG
P4280092.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Meat Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome hunt Congrats. </div></div>

hoofline.gif

Sweet, Nice tom! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Details Here!&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Top Bottom