Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

431 inches of bone!

mudingbuck

PMA Member
All tagged out! This has been a great year for me. Although I never shot a giant buck (You can't always shoot 190s!)I was able to take 3 mature 5.5 plus year old bucks. I spent just over 200 hours chasing the amighty white trail this year.

The first one was with my bow on Nov 16th. A 5.5. Year old 10 point that scored 152. 177 pounds field dressed.

ForumRunner_20140105_172407.jpg

The second buck was my bouns buck I shot durning gun 1. He was the oldest buck of the 3. Not sure how old but his back teeth were almost ground flat to nothing. 7.5+ year old. Pretty busted up buck. Only scored 135 but would be 145 150 if he wasn't missing tines! 191 pounds field dressed. (Not a good picture of him)

ForumRunner_20140105_172905.jpg

The last one to finsh my season out was a 5.5+ year old 9 I shot friday with the old smoke pole! Tall and heavy with 6 inch bases, scoring 144 inches. 203 field dressed.

ForumRunner_20140105_173349.jpg

Last edited:
Very good season to take mature deer. They all can't be giants. A 190 5.5 year old isn't any harder to kill than a 140 5.5 year old! Greats bucks

Congrats! 3 more to practice your taxidermy. Bring them again to the ITA show. I hope to meet you this time.

I sold my house and live in an VERY small apartment until I build a new one. So I don't have room for taxidermy for a while. I learned a lot from the show last year and I have one I mounted up after the show that I think is A LOT better and if I have a chance I plan on taking him to the show!

Last edited:
Way to go you got me beat by three this season.I can't seem to catch 1 moving in daylight right now.

I thought you could only get two buck tags in Iowa? But congrats nice bucks!

You are right unless you are a land owner. I am not a land owner, so I only had two any sex tags, but I do go deer hunting durning gun 1 on a doe tag. In iowa you can party hunt and fill other hunters tag that are in your party. Thats why I called it my bonus buck.

Top Bottom