Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

5, 10, 15, 20 years ago

CurtisWalker

Saw this on another forum and thought a lot of us would get a kick out of it seeing other peoples pictures back in the day especially from more of the older fellas. You try to post a pic for every five years dating back of memorable hunting moments.

They called it the 5, 10, 15, 20 years ago...if you have some old stuff...just post it..

2011(3 years ago)-My first year bowhunting got my first deer
386254_2409009579168_855411633_n_zps0f6583d3.jpg

2005(9 years ago(age:11) Probably some of the first geese I ever took.
dcp_0946_zps6cf1c8c3.jpg

2001(13 years ago) Oldest picture hunting relater I could find
IMAG0264_zpsc50127a6.jpg

Last edited:
I was stunt double for Mathew Mchonachy in the movie Dazed and Confused.
I paid 950.00 for this car.
70chevelle_zpscb3bb175.jpg

An I used to kill deer like this.

IMG_20131207_164805_zpsceoeo8bn.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoy these type of posts...much better than the ranting about late antlerless season, nrlo, declining deer populations, and so on. Made me dig out the photo albums and fire up the scanner, so here's a contribution from someone who can get a few years further back. Not all exactly on the 5 year intervals, but pretty close. Watch the hair reappear through the pics :D

Almost 5 years ago...my first (and only) southern Iowa buck

10 yrs ago. First bow killed turkey...

Also 10 yrs ago...last buck on the farm I grew up on.

15 years ago. Limits were fairly easy to come by for my brother-in-law and I out of the Dock 44 bridge near Platte, SD.

Also 15 yrs ago. Dad and I doubled in our first late muzzleloader hunt.

20 years ago. Southern Iowa bird hunt over Thanksgiving weekend. Abundant pheasant and quail on the farms we hunted...

25 years ago. I was deadly with the old Oneida bow and graphlex arrows :D

And finally, almost 30 years ago. I was 19 and occasionally skipping a college class to run home and bowhunt. This was the first "good buck" I'd shot with either gun or bow, and the first I ever had mounted.

Thought I'd post a couple of each year starting at present)since I don't have access to my other pics while at work.
Present:
picture.php
picture.php

5yrs
picture.php

Me and my boy Drake.. lots of great hunts with him
picture.php

Skip a college class for honkers? Never.... lol

10year
picture.php

Still sore after the last hs football game of the season, but killin ducks!

15yr-
picture.php

+20years
picture.php

The dog that started it all!

Last edited:
It's interesting to see the equipment we all used back then. Granted it was the most technologically advanced at the time.

28 years ago, some on the site have seen this, for those who didn't don't laugh too hard!
925-flop12.jpg

Classic! And I was one who hadn't seen it. That picture is a history lesson...long hair, bell bottoms and a truck that I'm guessing is worth some serious cash if still around. Thanks for posting it :D

NWBuck

That's a 1951 Willys my grandfather had, I was offered it after he passed and could kick my but for not now, it was fun to drive. I can remember the road trips up north to the coal region for a load of coal and shoveling it into his basement upon returning just for the reward of a candy bar, I could just see kids now a days settling for that for payment! Weekly trips to the livestock auctions or fishing trips to his favorite sucker hole were most enjoyable in the Willys with grandpa, the good ole days....

LOL, the 70's were great, everyone got along bell bottoms and all, don't even know if camo was even marketed back then. No one locked their doors and had no worries, you knew everyone who passed by on the rural road. What happened???

That's a 1951 Willys my grandfather had, I was offered it after he passed and could kick my but for not now, it was fun to drive. I can remember the road trips up north to the coal region for a load of coal and shoveling it into his basement upon returning just for the reward of a candy bar, I could just see kids now a days settling for that for payment! Weekly trips to the livestock auctions or fishing trips to his favorite sucker hole were most enjoyable in the Willys with grandpa, the good ole days....

LOL, the 70's were great, everyone got along bell bottoms and all, don't even know if camo was even marketed back then. No one locked their doors and had no worries, you knew everyone who passed by on the rural road. What happened???

How long did it take you to grow that hair? lol

I was stunt double for Mathew Mchonachy in the movie Dazed and Confused.
I paid 950.00 for this car.
70chevelle_zpscb3bb175.jpg

An I used to kill deer like this.

IMG_20131207_164805_zpsceoeo8bn.jpg
Go Army, I had a 70 SS Chevelle that same color and stripes, along with several others back in the day. Wish now I had some of them back.

Fatboy,

cool man and I'm glad I took lots of pics as they are really funny now. I got rid of that car for a 67 SS 396 triple black auto car. I did 125 one day in it in NJ and had plenty of petal left.

Maybe 1997 or 98 ish I went to look at another 70 ss that needed full resto. Car was all there but needed lots of work. Sitting off to the side was a 62 Impala SS 409 Convertable. I bought the 409 instead and brought it home. stored it for years and ended up going to a GUY , I think it was Leno in California. They got it and sent me an email saying they loved it when it got there. It was tuxedo black with a white interior and white top manual on the tree.
Here is one from the good ole days in Sask.
407lbs gross 176.
IMG_20140101_125649_zpscr0mhbzh.jpg

Here is a pic off the screen of my video camera. This buck ran by me this year in Iowa while I was out for a walk.
IMG_20131112_203709_zpshztumxue.jpg

Top Bottom