Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

5981 Iowa Whitetail Members

dbltree

Super Moderator
and only 24 have used the poll in the IBA forum indicating that they have sent in their thoughts on 2006 Rule changes to the IDNR?
Something is very wrong with this picture
confused.gif

Our friends here at IW have done everything possible to make us all aware and to encourage everyone to let their voice be heard. Certainly everyone by now must know how serious this is.
If you sent in your comments, please take a second and let us know via the poll in the IBA forum...it would sure would offer some hope that more then 24 people care about the future of deer hunting in Iowa.

It could be why only 26 members have answered the poll, I don't read the IBA part of the forum. I'll go in and put in my vote. I'd say if something is really important like this issue it may be a good idea to put in the Whitetail Conference.

[ QUOTE ]
It could be why only 26 members have answered the poll, I don't read the IBA part of the forum. I'll go in and put in my vote. I'd say if something is really important like this issue it may be a good idea to put in the Whitetail Conference.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point...not worried now...were all the way up to 36
smirk.gif

I have posted my comments on the DNR site. However, when the day comes that I have to "copy and paste" my comments from a prepared set, then I hope I'm smart enough to refrain from even taking part in the process. Encouraging people to take part is one thing, but urging them to state a specific point of view (to the point of suggesting we copy and paste someone else's words) is a bit more than I'm prepared to do...even if I happen to agree with that point of view. Just my 2cents worth on the topic.

I don't have enough edumication to post any comments.

I understand that as changes take effect they will infringe on the integrity of the other seasons, mainly archery. We do need to look toward the future of these things that I get. In the long run that will happen I suppose. Other wise I don't really see Doe tags in EM season a "threat". I see that as possably taking more does. I don't see groups of guys doing drives with muzzies. For the most part that is not their style, they like a fully loaded shotgun blasting at running deer. It's to warm to hang their deer for days, and most of the farmers are still to hard at work to partake in EM. There will be some that hunt in groups, but those will be the more deticated and "smarter" hunters.

The second subject I can't comment on at all. For my county and couple surrounding the tags didn't sell out until right at the start or right after the 1st shotgun season. Last year they did sell out around the Nov season. No I didn't like that weekend being taken away from my archery time, but I did enjoy hunting it since I hunted EM and couldn't hunt shotgun season.

I want to protect the future of our previlege as much as any. I anxiously await the day to take my daughter and if the good lord see fit maybe a grandchild one day. I think we need to set our sights on the roots of the problems not the branches. The root I see is the want for more state money and the lack of solid numbers. I feel the checking in game will hopefully help this. I also hope that the fines will be huge and they make an example out of the first one they catch without calling in their quarry. This will not do any good if the hunters don't do it!

The above comments are simply my opinions. My opinions come from what knowledge I do have about the subjects. If you want more to comment you need to give us average guys the resources to do the research. I haven't seen much to give me any information on the topics other than others opinions. I'm not want to do anything unless "all my ducks are in a row". I prefer to reinforce my arguement vice raising my voice.

[ QUOTE ]
It is pinned at the top of every conference
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I'm aware the issue was posted at the top of every forum but the POLL wasn't Shredder.

[ QUOTE ]
I havent done the poll since im a NR. Didnt feel it was right as I dont live there.
Don

[/ QUOTE ]
For those of you that live in other states...look around you. Ask yourself if having firearm seasons in October and November have made the quality of your deer better? If not and you enjoy the quality of hunting that Iowa has to offer...then I urge you to make your views known to the IDNR.
I'm hopeful that everyone can express their views in their own words, and I for one am thankful for all that have done so. For some, words don't come easy but they share like minded views on this subject...for those the "copy and paste" is an option.

Personally I make it a point to be educated on the things I am passionate about. I know the motive behind these proposals is not about killing does, but working towards firearm seasons during the rut...leaving our state and the quality of our deer hunting...just like every other state...the pits!
We already have ample oppurtunity to harvest does without another season in October. I urge everyone to give these proposals plenty of thought...ask your self...how is this good for the quality of my hunting? How will it improve the quality of the deer I hunt? Are firearm seasons during the rut what we want?
For everyone that has voiced their views, I would like to thank you and for those that have not, I want to encourage you to do so.

I gave them my opinion, 3 times.
smirk.gif
Only voted once though.
For the record I liked the "cut and paste" option. My first two responses were my own, but I threw in a "paste" just for good measure. If it helps people who think similarly but dont have the time or the way with words, they may use that option to get involved rather than sit by and do nothing.

[ QUOTE ]
I gave them my opinion, 3 times.
smirk.gif
Only voted once though.
For the record I liked the "cut and paste" option. My first two responses were my own, but I threw in a "paste" just for good measure. If it helps people who think similarly but dont have the time or the way with words, they may use that option to get involved rather than sit by and do nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for pitching in TP, every comment sent in is bound to help...but you know I was thinking...maybe we need to pick a fight to get some attention to this topic!
smirk.gif
Like...hey YOU...yeah you...you piece a nothing 2006 deer regulation changing son of a gun!! C-mon over here and pick on something important!
cussing.gif

So...you wanna start wearing orange all fall instead of camo...so you don't get blasted by a EML out "controlling" the herd enmasse!!
rambo.gif
Just think...it's only a few weeks betwen E Muzzy and Thanksgiving...won't take long for our "firearms in the rut" buddy to close that gap!
eek.gif

I know your out there...thinking it won't affect you...it can't be THAT bad
wall.gif
Those guys won't REALLY start party hunting in October...and the Thanksgiving season won't REALLY be there forever...
bigshock.gif

and hey...if it turns out we don't like these changes...I'm sure we can convince the DNR to change them back...
nono.gif
you know...just like the use of rifles and the TG season was only "temporary"
doah.gif

That's ok...we know your just to chicken to come out swinging...or just
sleeping.gif

I know...I'm just dreaming...what are the chances of getting people fired up over something that supposedly they all care about...something important...like making sure we will always have some Monster Iowa Whitetails...the ones we seem to be taking for granted will always be there, no matter how many seasons we open up
smirk.gif

Hey..it was worth a shot but I'm just not that good at raising a ruckus
grin.gif

I threw my thoughts onto the comment page, along with about 6 of my friends who don’t frequent websites. I hope the cut and paste thing doesn’t backfire though. The DNR or whoever reads these might see it as a small minority trying to look like a large group of people. I think it’s better than doing nothing, but it shouldn’t take people that much effort to come up with an original thought. I think explaining the real underlying issues too everyone is the biggest benefit to most guys.

I gave my opinion a couple of times, even though most of the new regs have no affect on me up here in the north. This kind of got me wondering if Northern and Southern IA may end up with different regs for north and south I80 as far as when gun seasons begin etc. South Dakota does this with rifle season, East and West river split the states rifle hunting season dates. West river begins in the middle of the rut and east river begins at the tail end.Either way, if rifles or any guns are allowed during the rut in the south, it wont belong before many gun hunters up here begin complainig wanting the same.

Top Bottom