Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

5ft. or 10ft Hooyman Extendible Tree Saw?

sp69

PMA Member
Looking to purchase one the Hooyman Saws and wondering which size to purchase? Would perfer the 10 fot saw but wondering about packabilty.
Thanks.

i have the 5 foot. it's still decently sized but it fits right in my back pack. no idea about the 10 but i think it's quite a bit bigger.

The question is do you hang and hunt each time or do you leave your stands out all year? For hanging and hunting, I prefer the 5 footer. Fits in my pack nice and is light. For leaving stands up all year, I use a big pole saw that is like 16 or 18 feet. I really think the 10 footer is kind of useless since the reach is kind of in the middle unless you don't have money to buy the 5 footer and a big pole saw. In that case, I would probably go with the 10 footer.

All around use during hunting season the 5 footer is golden. I want the larger one though eventually.

Ace hardware sells an extendable ploe saw/trimmer for 40 bucks, about half price of a hooyman and it reaches out to 10ft.I bought one this time last year for 25 bucks on sale.Might want to look into it but it isn't practical for bringing with you every time to the stand as it is quite larger than some may like.

I like the 5ft'er for packing with me in case of a "new" down limb but rely on my 20ft'er for hanging stands. The 10 is useless unless you are only going to by one, and I wouldn't think you could cut everything you would need.

Thanks for the input. I use a climber and like to shift locations as much as possible. I have a pole saw but it doesn't break down like the Hooyman 5 or 10 ft. I am going with the five footer.

Top Bottom