Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

6 Birds down in 4 days! (PIX ADDED)

biggest buck

Myself along with 3 buddies went to Western Nebraska last Monday. By Wednesday morning all of us had our Merriams on the ground! 3 Jakes and my Gobbler!
Then it was on to Shamrock, Texas for a chance at the Rio, this hunt would be with our bows, no guns allowed on this one. I ended up smoking a big gobbler the first afternoon from our scorching hot 90+ degree blind. A couple hours later one of my buddies smoked a big gobbler with a very lucky, going away, 21 yard shot in the head! All in all both states were very tough as the birds never responded to calls and did not like the decoys one little bit. That Rio was one tall skittish fast bird and in that Texas brush they were on you very quickly!
Two weeks before that 3 of us had already taken an Eastern here in SW Iowa. So far a pretty dang good season for all of us!
:drink2:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is worthless without what......oh yeah.....PICTURES! :D

Congrats man....that's a heckuva season.....now post up the pics!

Well shoot, obviously Im having difficulty with them. Now I have 2 posts the same and still no pics. Sorry guys.

Ya but that one will cost me a pretty penny that Im just not sure is worth spending on a bird.. We'll see. Would much rather shoot me the Goulds or the Ocellated, but at the moment I wouldnt even think about entering Mexico.

Top Bottom