Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

6 Months Ago.....

Shovelbuck

Six months ago I was cussing the white stuff! With this past few weeks humid heat, I'd welcome a few inches as long as I didn't have to scoop it.:way:
I was going through photos and it was fun remembering a bunny hunt from last winter.

DSCN0173.jpg

Yesterday when it was so dreadful I was thinking back to last winter too.....and I'd take that any day over what we had last winter!!

Now if I had to choose between yesterday and just a couple inches like you said....tough choice! :rolleyes:

Its been crack sweaty here too Jay....... (I remember that comment on a post from years ago...still cracks me up)

I've got to say, I don't miss that humidity up there at all. My wife, kids, and I went back to Iowa last August to finally inter my dad's ashes and we thought we were going to die. I've been a desert rat for so long, that was just horrible. And in our world now, at 7,000 feet elevtion, we're pushing 90 with high humidity because of the onset of the monsoon season here. 90 may not sound like much, but at 7,000 feet, its pretty horrible and, after living in El Paso, Phoenix, Las Vegas, and Tucson over the course of the last 13 years, I can honestly say that 90 degrees at 7,000 feet is comparable to 105 degrees in the desert. I'm not sure I want the 12 feet of snow we accumulated this winter (over 4' consistently in the yard), but I'd sure take a few more days in the 60s right now. On top of that, the AC in our office is currently crapped out. I was crack sweaty (I like that) the other day just moving around in my chair. This kind of heat makes it real hard to look forward to our August/September archery deer season.

Top Bottom