Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

65% vs. 80% let off ????

Cornfed

Bowhunting Addict
Does anyone have much experience shooting the different letoffs.... does the 65% have a noticably smoother dropoff? For general hunting with very little 3-D / league shooting, what do most of you prefer?
confused.gif

Just got a 2004 Hoyt Ultratec with 75% let off that I plan to use for hunting and target shooting. It's got a noticably different feel than the 60% let off of my old Browning, but I think it is going to be a big improvement in more ways than one.

No "sticks" for sale here..... I plan on continuing to enjoy the traditional side of archery..... just likely will be doing more of my hardcore hunting with the wheels.... I have harvested some nice deer with the recurve, but doing things "the hard way" has lost its romance for me the past couple of years.... besides, I have a score to settle with a couple of giants so I can sleep better at night
laugh.gif

Personally I like the 80%. The higher quality the bow and the less radical the cam, the less noticeable the drop-off. But even with a sudden drop-off the benefits outweigh the negatives of 80%. Nothing like complete comfort and focus on release at full draw in my opinion. By the way, I shoot on older Mathews, so it's not the most smooth break-over, I still love shooting it.

I like 65 better, mostly because its faster. I had an 80 but it didnt pull as smooth but that was an older Mathews as well. Im sure the new ones are better. If you had anytype of shoulder problems the 80 would be the way to go.

Top Bottom