Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

8' Fence????

G

What affect do you guys think the 8 foot fence is going to have on the deer population? Good/Bad

8 foot fence on what? And affect who? Bowhunters, Shotgunners? I'm going to take a guess and say your talking about someone fencing in there property. Who cares! If your a person that don't mind taking a animal under those conditions.... Kind of like shooting carp in a swimming pool if you ask me. Once again, just my opinion...

Hey splitg1,
Where is this swimming pool that has carp in it? LOL bowfishing is coming up soon.

I think primetime is talking about the 8 ft. fence that the DNR and DOT are testing along I35. The two mile long fence is along the interstate near the Wright/Franklin Co. border. The DNR is testing this area because of the high number of deer/auto accidents that have occured in that two mile stretch.

Here you go!

The article in the DesMoinesRegister that is.

17830534_t.jpg

Night vision: Wildlife research technician Jim Coffey sets up a video camera to record deer movement along Interstate Highway 35 near Dows.

I read the article and believe that in certain high deer crossing areas some type of high fences are needed just aslong as the deer have some safe place to cross. I dont believe that 8 foot fences need to be erected through out Iowa's interstate where deer collisions are low just in high accident areas. But where the money comes from to build those fences raises many more questions???

I know the guy in the pic,he was the speaker for our N.W.T.F banquet this last saturday,This guy has done great thing's for the state of Iowa and it's natural resource's,What an asset to the D.N.R!!One of the nicest people I know.

Top Bottom