Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

81 point Turkey

JOSHBRNDT

Wednesday of 1st season ended my long frustrating week. With the birds in a different mood than usual, 1st season was tough. I got to my spot around 5:30 and the birds immediately started gobbling. After about 20 minutes they hit the ground. There were 2 of them strutting and gobbling their heads off. Then all of a sudden 8 gobblers came over the hill. 2 of the eight were absolutely huge and drawfed the 2 that were in the field. Well the 2 that were in the field ended up coming towards me and one broke off into the timber. This ole boy made the wrong decission. He came into my decoy and at about 45 yards he got scared. Started to walk away and I figured it was now or never. I ended up shooting him at 52 yards. I didn't even realize how big this bird was considering he had just got run off by 2 bigger birds. He weighed 26 lbs and 8 oz. 1 5/8 inch spurs and an 11 inch beard. I'm kicking myself right now because I didn't get him mounted. I was extremely lucky to get this bird considering the birds weren't really responding to any calls. Good luck to all that are hunting the rest of the season's. I wasn't able to get the pics into this post they are in the Turkey photo's.

Good Lord...
bigshock.gif

5360DSCN1009-med.JPG

5360turkey_3-med.jpg

Holy hatchet hooks! I bet the smaller toms in your area look like Swiss cheese! Congrats on a great bird.

Top Bottom