Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

8hr search

dblmainbeam

I spent most of the day looking for the buck i stuck friday night. I had an excellent blood trail for 300 yards before he went on to a recently cut alphalpha field. I lost his blood thereI never found the arrow the blood was bright red I checked all over all i can do is hope is he is still out chasing does maybe i didnt hit him in a vital spot. The rut is on in full swing tonight I went out to see if i could see him running around but no such luck. There are buck running all over the place chasing does maybe he'll be back. Bummed out in north iowa
frown.gif

Sorry to here you had a long day! Sounds like you might have got the front leg. There is a good chance that he is out there but he will be very suclusive and probably wont do any rutting. My dad had the same problem 2 yrs ago with a nice ten. He stuck it in the shoulder, we looked all next day like you did and no luck. Dad did see him again 2 weeks later but couldn't get off another shot. So chin up it happens to the best of us.

I hit one in the shoulder blade two years ago as well, he bled good for 300 yards, then it just stopped. God, I looked all over, and then saw him a few weeks later come up to a pond to get a drink, arrow gone, and barely a limp. Made me sick, tore up my tag that day!! (Then got a replacement a week later!)

Top Bottom