Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

9'+5wt+5x+(2x#16s)=21.5" FAT bow

AZHunter

Iowa Boy At Heart
I know its not midwestern fishing, but its worth sharing anyway. My wife and I took off for a quick overnight getaway while my mom watched the kids this weekend. We went over to Show Low, AZ to look around and do some fishing in Silver Creek just outside of town. AZGFD stocks Silver Creek with rainbow and apache trout. I've been on a quest for a couple of years now to catch an apache trout. Unfortunately, apache trout weren't biting and I only landed one rainbow. The bites were slow and I hooked a huge one (22" +) Saturday afternoon, but it snapped my tippet in less than 20 seconds! Sunday morning, this hungry gal decided my #16 zug bug with #16 pheasant tail dropper was enticing enough and I finally got my drag set properly and had a great time fighting her. She was 21.5 inches and the biggest, fattest 'bow I've ever had the pleasure of landing on my fly rod. :way: The weather was in the low 40s and it felt good to break my 2.5 year dry spell with my fly rod. And good timing as we are expecting a major snow storm this week with 2-3+ feet predicted by the end of the week. :( Tight Lines, guys!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nice looking Bow!

I fished near Show Low in 2002 & was lucky enough to land a 20" Apache on my 6.5' 2WT on a size 20 midge pupa (red brassy). They are a beautiful fish. Not sure what was cooler the 400" Bull Elk in the Res.(for 30K+ you can chase them) or the Apache trout.:D

ApacheTroutShowLowAZ2002.jpg

Top Bottom