Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

"A Bin Full"

SaskGuy

This winter while shed hunting I took a picture of a porcupine in friends wood bin across the road from my place. That same bin has become a smorgasborg for bears this year. Today while seeding barley he watched 3 bears come into his yard and eat out of his bin, in the middle of the day, the same as every other day. They pull oats oat of the bin, roll around in them, eat some and meander back into the woods. After finishing seeding he went inside for a nap, woke up and looked out the window to see yet another bear checking out his air conditioner fan, it then too went to the bin. He's had enough of shovelling up oats daily, watching out for bears every time he steps out the door so he grabbed his muzzleloader, walked outside, and shot it while it was laying on the pile of oats it had pulled out. It wasn't a big one, less than 200 pounds likely but it is one less than he'll have to worry about tomorrow. In case you're wondering, he did tag it even though legally he wouldn't have to as it has been destroying his property. I'm not sure why so many are showing up this year, there is alot of food.
1122Dscn1023.jpg

Top Bottom