Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A complete moron for the last five years

idsman75

I'm sitting here scratching my head wondering what kind of idiot I've been for the last five years. I was paging through the Iowa DNR's Hunting, Trapping and Fishing Regulations when I stumbled across something that I didn't know until just now. As an active duty member of the Armed Forces stationed outside of the state of Iowa, I was permitted to hunt without a license while visiting Iowa on leave provided that I could show proof that I pay taxes to the state of Iowa and/or am registered to vote here?!?!?! I guess I have to fork over the $$$ now that I'm stationed in Iowa. Excuse me while I kick myself in the rear end a few times.

I took advantage of this in 1996 while I was stationed in Germany. I came home on leave for Christmas and hunted the 2nd shotgun season. After I shot my deer, I called the DNR, and they came out and placed a tag on it for me. The DNR officer said that in all his years, it was a first for him. It's a good law, I hope they keep it.

i took advantage of it back in 1982 when i was on leave from the marines it was perfect i got me a nice 8 pointer and 2 days later i left for japan after i was there a couple of weeks my dad sent me over a bunch of jerky it was great!!

Top Bottom