Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A Day of Firsts

BOWSTRING

My 10 year old son and I went out last weekend. Friday afternoon we had one bird come by about 70 yards and that was it.
Saturday morning we sat in the same place had gobbling all around us and had two birds go by in the same place as last night. I did some calling and shortly later A hen pops out 10 yards from the blind then another then a jake and another hen they came up in the decoys I moved the B-mobile and the jake decided he didn't want any of that and got away without a shot. About an hour after they left I actually called in two nice toms with 8-9" beards we had plenty of time and got my son set up to shoot and everything went perfect. They came out less than 20 yards from the blind to him to take either one he decided on the 2nd of them got line up and shot. I saw one fly off and looked on the ground for the other then I saw him running away. The boys first miss. We looked around to seen if he had hit him but no feathers or blood that we could see. It was by far the best turkey hunt I've been on even without bringing a bird home. Oh yeah while I was watching the birds instead of my son he squared up like he was shooting a hand gun. Well a 60lbs kid shooting a 3" mag 20 gauge needless to say he rocked back some.
All in all a great expirence. And I have a little more confindence in my so called turkey calling.

Top Bottom