Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Adding a Agitator to 25 Gallon ATV style sprayer??

iowathumper

Attachments

• 51lb0i7z4wL._AC_SX466_.jpg
    51lb0i7z4wL._AC_SX466_.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 85
Ive never added one but I have been an AG tech for a long time. It would definitely need to be hooked into a pressure port of something. I am not sure of the pump you are using but maybe you can tee into the pressure line from it. That would be my suggestion at least. Good Luck

Really nice. I’ve got one sprayer where there’s a line that goes into tank & I added a split to the plumbing where u open valve to recirculate more or less. Super easy. Ya- having what u got is really nice keeping things mixed

I did some research & found a site with some Info. and contacted the person.

He added the Red line to my drawing.
Here is his reply.
I added a simple drawing to your image. Put a "tee" in the discharge line, and use a gate valve to "throttle" the flow to the agitation nozzle. One thing I would recommend, install the agitation bulkhead and nozzle on the opposite side of the tank than your suction hose. This will keep air bubbles out of the suction hose. If you have a regulating valve, I would put the agitation nozzle in a separate line, an agitation nozzle has the potential for plugs, and you don't want the bypass line plugging.

I have a diagram showing agitation installed in a sprayer in a few different spots on our website. Should be able to see it on this page: https://sprayerguru.com/building-a-boomless-sprayer-what-you-need-to-know/

If you haven't seen the full post on agitation, you might find some more tips here: https://sprayerguru.com/upgrade-your-sprayer-how-to-add-a-spray-tank-agitator/

Hopefully, this helps you out. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for supporting our site!

Attachments

• Sprayer Types.jpg
    Sprayer Types.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 172
Not sure exactly how an ATV sprayer is set up, but agitation needs a constant running pump. I've ran lots of ag sprayers and they all use a solenoid to direct flow to the boom as well as a bypass valve going back to the tank. Pump runs continuously.

The yellow line in the suction for into the pump the green line is thee output from the pump going to the boom the red line is tee off that same output from the pump with a valve.

I did not make this up. I sent a picture of my tank setup to this spray tank expert he told me how to plumb the Agitator in.

Top Bottom