Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Alec's Season

NWBuck

PMA Member
Alec, a family friend and former student of mine, had quite the 2012 season. He recently started bow hunting, but had yet to take a buck with his bow. He didn't have a ton of options for hunting spots, so I gave him the OK to hunt a couple of small pieces we lease. Being able to share our spots with family and friends has been the best part of leasing these pieces :way:

In mid November Alec had a close encounter with a GIANT 10 I'd seen the first weekend in October. Just as he had with me, the buck got within bow range for Alec but never presented an ethical shot. A few minutes later this buck walked right through Alec's best shooting lane, and he made a perfect shot. The deer ran only 50 yards or so and piled up. Not a big set of antlers, but a tank of a deer with a huge neck and an excellent first bow buck.

y6qoWy.jpeg

Alec's work schedule gave him some free time to hunt late muzzleloader season, so he was back at it. He had hunted the same farm a few times and had several smaller deer in range, but was now focused on something bigger. Last night he switched to the other farm and found a dandy bedded across the draw as he was approaching his stand. Alec took a knee as the deer stood up, and at about 70 yards he put a great shot on his first wall hanger. The buck ran a short distance, but bled very little, so it took a few minutes to find him. My son and I were in the area already, so after getting his call we drove over to help with the recovery and drag. Here's a picture right in the middle of the thick cedars where we found him.

P1060820_zps50900cf8.jpg

The buck is an 8 with nice brows and a couple of stickers off of his right brow. Didn't take time to put a tape to him yet, but it doesn't matter...he's the biggest buck of Alec's hunting career, and it was fun to be a part of it. Congrats again Alec...hope it's the first of many more to come :way:

NWBuck

A wallhanger this early in his hunting career??? That just seems so wrong...:rolleyes: Congrats to him on a great season!!! :way:

Top Bottom