Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

All day sit this weekend.....

Bukslayr

I will be in the stand all day Saturday and Sunday with my camera man and I have some questions about it. Your input is definately appreciated.:way:

Decoy or not????

Buck or Doe Decoy????

I will be in the stand from sun up to sun down.. Should I move the decoy throughout the day??

Buck urine around decoy???

Help me out her please. I have all the tools I should need but if you guys can help me use them properly I would appreciate it.

Thanks Guys!!!!

If you are hunting thick cover near bedding (as I prefer for all day action) I would leave the decoy behind. Thick seems to get them spooky when they can't see if from a distance.

I your are in a decent sized opening or field edge then the decoy would be great. I would use a buck decoy. I have seen mature bucks leave a doe to show dominance to a buck but I've never had them leave a doe for another doe.

I also like the buck decoy because the does usually skirt around him or keep their distance. Too many times a doe decoy causes the does to investigate the decoy, stomping and sniffing until they finally bust. For this reason a buck decoy could work against you if a buck is following a receptive doe. I've yet to see a mature buck locked down so far. I thought I had one yesterday but after snort weezing and growling at her she moved. He sniffed where she peed, did a lip curl, and then went on his way without her.

Thick = No decoy..........Field edge = buck decoy!

Top Bottom