Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

All Day Sits?

Has anyone started doing all day sits yet or are you going to this weekend? I am thinking about trying it Thursday because I have to work all weekend. Only problem is that the only stand I have with the right wind is an evening stand, the only way to approach it is to walk through a large cut bean field. I might just wait until about 9am and if nothing is in the field sneak in and sit until dark. What do you guys think?

More often than sitting all day, I have gone in "late" like you are proposing and then sat until dark during this time of the year. For the next 3 weeks or so, really any minute in the stand can be highly productive.

You may not see the numbers of deer moving in the midday, but I can tell you for sure that some will be on their feet then and you only need one! :D

I can remember at least 3 different times when I was sitting on stand and was watching buck movement while the noon whistle was blowing.

If that's what you have to work with yes that's what I would do. I have not sat all day yet but will next week.

Going to be sitting all day Sunday. Have a few frineds who started all day sits this past weekend already.

I sat majority of the day on Saturday, October 29th since I travel 45 minutes to get to my hunting ground. Got in an hour before light. Had 2 coyote come through behind me at 9am. Was surprised to have a nice 8 come through on the same trail as the yotes at 11am. Shooter in my book. Just no shot opportunity. Got down at noon and walked to my truck for a snack and to stretch my legs. Got back into my stand at 1pm. Had 2 does come through on the same trail as the yotes and buck at 3:30pm. Didn't see anything after that but sat until dark. I'd call it a successful hunt. Learned of the movement and the next day I moved my stand 40 yards south. Have Friday, Saturday and Sunday the next two weeks to hunt. I will be packing a book, a blackjack game and plenty of snacks/food to hold me over.

Top Bottom