Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ameristep Blind's?

Buckhunter

Just wondering if anyone has used these and what your opinion of them are.I'm thinking about buying there penthouse model in the tangle camo,it's fairly big but I would like to try videoing me and my son this spring on some bowhunt's and it seem's like it would be plenty big for that.

i do not personally have a good opinion on ameristep blinds. i think that the only way to go is a double bull. don't worry though, rackaddict will be on soon to say all the good stuff you need to hear about ameristep blinds.
cool.gif

good luck with your decision.

Not to start an arguement but I don't belong to the club that feels the more expensive an item is, the better it is.
grin.gif
DB does make a quality product, and there service/warrenty is probably the best but....Ameristep blinds have good points also....Considerably less expensive, meaning I don't live in fear of leaving it up. All the models except the Brickhouse are much easier to set up "in my opinion", Easier to pack in..."Don't need a golf cart",
grin.gif
Come with stakes, tie down ropes etc, etc,.
My penthouse was up in the elements for well over a year. It did succumb to UV rays and fade then a roof pole broke and tore the roof. Was I upset? No.With three seasons of successful hunting out of it, Ameristep didn't owe me a thing.
I do realize DB's are a better, tighter cloth material, and in my opinion have a better camo pattern, but a deer or turkey will die just the same from either brand.
The DB is great for hunting and having a buddy or kid along if you are averaged sized. Personaly, there is not even close to being enough room in one for me. That's why I had the Penthouse and now have the Roundhouse for bowhunting from. I also have the Outhouse that I use for muzzle loading season.
Once again, I'm not bashing DB's. They are a great quality product. I simply feel Ameristeps work as well for the intended purpose at 1/3 the cost.
Get the Penthouse, you'll have great hunts with it.

Shovel said it all really. decent blinds for 1/3 of the cost. if you're carefull and patient you'll be happy with the ameristeps.

I read this on another site and thought it was pretty funny.Thought you all might enjoy.

I was out in the Outhouse looking at my Penthouse and there was this gal in there that was built like a Brickhouse....My wife walked in, and now I'm in the Doghouse. Ameristep ruined my life!
smirk.gif

That is funny
grin.gif

I have never hunted out of a DB but my ameristep doghouse blind has concealed me for 3 turkeys and 2 deer. I'm sure that the DB is built better you can just tell that but my ameristep was on sale for $90.00
smirk.gif

That is great. I'll add this........
I was out in the Outhouse looking at my Penthouse and there was this gal in there that was built like a Brickhouse....My wife walked in, threw a Roundhouse, and now I'm in the Doghouse. Ameristep ruined my life!

I was in the doghouse all weekend, since I am unable to get up into a tree due to my injuries. I picked it up at wally for 65.99 in Creston, and I am happy with it.

I'm on the same page as shovel, the blind is cheap compared to the double, but it gets the job done. And to be honest with you, I thought it was a blast hunting out of a blind, 1st timer.

The penthouse is where it's at, just couldn't sack out the cash at the moment.

grin.gif

BT

Proud owner of the Dawghouse!

I have both DB and ameristep and no comparison! All the way DB. I know more $$$ but well worth it. I have not set up my ameristep in 5 years but always have the DB up. The ameristep you can see from a country mile but the DB blind is very hard to see. Ameristep has come up with new blinds so they may be better now.

Top Bottom