Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another Buck Hollow Experience

bowman

Super Moderator
When I decided to purchase a new bow, I knew that I would look no further than Boyd at Buck Hollow Sports. Although I had never bought a bow from Boyd, I had made several smaller purchases from him over the past few years and I knew that his service was second to none. My next challenge was choosing a bow that I wanted to own. I had been a Mathews shooter for more than a decade but I was willing to broaden my prospects. Buck Hollow Sports carries mainly BowTech, Diamond, and Hoyt bows and after reading online reviews of the 2009 bows for these companies, I knew that I couldn’t go wrong.

On April 27th, 2009 I made the much anticipated trip south to Buck Hollow Sports, located approximately 22 miles south of the 164 mm exit of Interstate 80. The exact address is 190th Ave Pella, Iowa (just north of Lake Red Rock) The trip was a short one from Newton and the rainy day meant that Boyd, a full time farmer, would be spending all of his time in the shop. Greeted with a smile and a handshake, Boyd pointed to the wall of bows and said, “Which one do you want to shoot first?”
picture.php

Boyd had most of the bows on the wall set up with a rest, sight, and wrist sling and the ones that weren’t equipped were quickly set up at my request. I shot several bows but I was fairly quick to narrow my search to what I had originally thought; it would either be the Captain or the Alpha Max 35. After long deliberation, I decided on the BowTech and let Boyd know I had finally decided.

Boyd pulled a new BowTech Captain out of the box and it took him no time at all to set it up.
picture.php

He handed it to me and I headed for the paper. Three perfect bullet holes in a row! Score!! Had I already known which bow I wanted the whole process would have taken less than 30 minutes. Instead I drug the thing out for 4 hours, mostly deciding which one I wanted. Boyd was very patient with me. I sighted in the bow quickly and man was I happy, literally no hand shock, dead in my hand, and perfect arrow flight.

I picked up a new Octane 2 piece quiver with the magnetic hood and found that Boyd’s price was well under the main streem catalog company’s price ( I had already been looking at it). Boyd also ordered me a Glendale Full Rut 3-D target and again he beat the catalog store prices. A final handshake and a pose for a picture and I headed home.
picture.php

I was already a Buck Hollow Sports customer but after this experience, Boyd will have my business for all of my future bow purchases. In fact, if all goes well, I will be returning in the near future for a youth bow for my kids. I have my eye on the Diamond Edge.

If you are in the market for a new bow, accessories, plot seed, minerals, trail cams, etc. (the list goes on and on) look no further than Buck Hollow Sports. Give him a call at 641-628-4586 and check out his web site http://www.buckhollowsports.com.

Thanks again Boyd!!

Boyd is a good one to buy from. He went out of his way for me on some smaller, not so expensive items when he didn't have to!!!

So after all that, would you rather buy a bow from a box store or from a local small archery shop?

I vote for the second................

Top Bottom