Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another Decoy deer!

Pupster

Saturday night I borrowed a decoy from a buddy and shot a nice 8pt at 12 yds over it. 1 doe and a buck showed up early at 3pm. The doe very cautiously approached the decoy, while the buck followed a comfortable 50yds behind her. One hour and 150yds+- later the doe is at the decoy stomping and blowing her brains out, the buck watched intently. The moment of truth was fast approaching. As I came to full draw the doe has me and the decoy pegged and she bolts. The buck made his fatal mistake by letting his curiousity get the best of him. Complete pass thru, 50 yds. he staggered and fell.
I think the reason for the success in my case was because I placed the decoy in a position that the buck would have to come by my stand before it could get down wind of the decoy. I think this was a carry-lite doe decoy.
Pupster

Sweet! Good shot. It's great during this time of year when bucks start acting like high school seniors when the new crop of freshman arrive! Congratulations!

Top Bottom