Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another decoy question

180class

I've never used a decoy, but plan to this year. I have a dynamite spot to try it in. My question is when is the right time to use one? Pre-rut towards the end of October, or smack dab when the rut is in full swing around November?

We have had luck anytime and use them a lot but in different stands. But usually don't start using one until the last week in October. Use a buck decoy and quarter it to your stand. Does are curious about buck decoys and will turn inside out with a doe decoy and bucks will bristle at bucks and sometimes ignore doe decoys.

We use them when we think the iron is hot. You can't drag a decoy out to a certain stand 5 times a season and expect it to work. Use them sparingly when you feel the time is right. Once you get a bucks attention with one if he locks in on it you can do jumping jacks in your stand and they won't notice.

Limb, what decoy have you been using? Are you onto the DSD decoy or staying with what has been working?

They are a pain in the a$$ to carry in, but once you get one to come in it's the coolest thing ever!!! The buck i shot last year using a decoy was the best hunt i have ever had!

I love the Flambeau Boss Buck too. BUT carrying it in is a pain in the ass and every twig and branch it hits sounds like a fingernail across a chalk board.

Top Bottom