Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another fletching question

Fishbonker

Life Member
I bought an Arizona EZ fletcher through the mail from the shop in Arizona. I got the one for carbons (cause thats what I use;>) with both 1 degree and 6 degree arms. So I went to the local Scheels, I was already at the mall, and was kinda suprised to find so many choices in fletching. I shoot right handed so do I need LW or RW feathers and what does RW and LW stand for? The fletchings on the shafts look like 1 degree, what will I gain or lose by going 6 degree? I haven't looked at the shafts in awhile but I'm pretty sure they are 4 inch feathers, anything gained or lost by going to 5 inch feathers? I use a whisker biscuit and it seems to chew up the feathers some.

Sorry if the questions are elementary in nature, but I ain't a very bright guy.

The 'Bonker

fishbonker... The lw stands for left wing,the rw stands for right wing.You have to check and see which type of fletcher you purchased;left wing or right wing before you buy any feathers.This is because you cannot put left wing feathers in a right wing jig and vise versa.The left and right wing feathers of a bird turn in opposite directions of each other;thus if you put the wrong feather in the jig(i.e. right feather into left jig) the quill will not sit flush to the shaft giving you bad adhesion.I would go with the 6 degree offset as opposed to the 1 degree due to the fact that you will get more stability with the 6 degree(more flight rotation).I personally shoot 4 inch shield cut feathers(i cut my own)and get excellent flight with both fixed and mechanical broadheads.I use a jo-jan multi fletcher.I shoot with a Montana Black Gold drop away rest.I have never seen anyone shooting the whisker biscut,but have read articles about feather wear from using them.I also know they claim to have a biscut that does not wear as much now.If you want more questions about feathers check out Trueflight feathers web site;I also think they make the best feathers.Hope this helps.Let me know if you need more advise...always glad to help.

Top Bottom