Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another idiot shoots an elk and way to go IBA!

Old Buck

Life Member
Hopefully someone smarter than me can make a link to the article in the Metro and Iowa section of the Des Moines Register titled, Recreation site's bull elk is fatally shot by Jennifer Dukes Lee on Jan 13, 2005.

The article talks about how another idiot fired a bullet into the neck of a bull elk at the Hillview Recreation Area near Hinton, Iowa.

The article ends with..."The reward for information about the bison attack has grown to $4,300, boosted by contributions from the Friends of the Prairie Learning Center, a local resident, the Humane Society, the Defenders of Wildlife, and the Iowa Bowhunters Association."

"It's amazing that somebody could sink so low to do such despicable acts," said Randy Taylor, president of the bowhunters group. "That is not a hunter; that's some poor slob."

Way to go Randy and way to go IBA! Reading those last two paragraphs really makes me proud to be able to say that I am a member of the IBA. I've been trying to tell all you guys (and gals) reading this great website that the IBA is standing up for you as hunters and trying to protect bowhunting and it's positive image in the state of Iowa!

Note that both the Humane Society and the Defenders of Wildlife, both of which are aggressively anti-bowhunting are out there getting public attention. Aren't you glad the IBA is there for you? Anyone else ready to join the fight?

Thanks again Randy and IBA!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Old Buck

Great job Randy!!! Larry is right guys and gals, if there has ever been a time in your life when you've thought about becoming a IBA member, now is the time to do it!!! The spotlight is on the hunters of this state right now, and I for one am glad that we've got people like Randy to step up and represent average hunters like myself. Don't sit by and become a bystander, getting involved is a simple process and it all starts with taking the first step and becoming an IBA member today.
CRITR

I hope they catch this idiot that shot the 7X7 elk.
mad.gif
We're getting very tired of poachers in my area. The perp will be caught.

Top Bottom