Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another Land Owner question?

J

jesseb405

My grandmother owns a large amount of land that is great hunting. Any way i can get a land owners for any of this land? The way i read the law the answer is a no, but wanted to make sure i had read it correctly. I do not live on the land nor do i farm it.
It is not a big bother if i can't, i still bow hunt it, but was just wondering how the law reads.
I understand they call it "land owner" tag of a reason... so i guess this sounds like a dumb question but i had thought in the past this may have been legal?

No dice, for that one.

Only way is to have Gram's sell you two acres and I think you have to have some form of crop raised on that land. I'm sure someone here will know the particulars, but the easy answer is if you're not a tennate or don't live there you don't get a landowners tag.

I figured as much, which who knows, someday i may own it, as long as i can bow hunt it now, i'm okay with that too.

To qualify for a landowner tag now a person must have a property tax ID number showing they have paid the property tax on the land. If you purchased a couple acres your tag would only be valid on those couple acres, not the whole farm. If you are not an imediate family member, spouse or child or parent, of the land owner residing in the same house hold you don't qualify. Sorry!

Top Bottom