Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another season in doubt

se/iowa.justin

"THE HAMMER"
Tore some cartilidge/ligaments in my wrist yesterday at work. Dont know if it will need surgery or not yet. In this to be my tenth year of bowhunting, may be the third I miss from injury. I know its early still but finally getting some descent bucks on camera. Didnt hunt much last year with the birth of my third son so Im alittle anxious to get at it hard this year. Not trying to sound like a baby, just venting the frustration(I dont think my wife understands).

Yep crossbow.

I have one bought already just in case. You only get so many seasons. I tried to explain to the wife why I bought it but she doesn't get it.

Mobile Cooter

I have somewhat of the same problem either cartilidge or something else. I have to get my ankle scoped and I won't be able to hunt some of Sept, all of October, and part of Nov.

Dont get me started on ankles. 4 yrs ago had a ton of feed roll on top of me at work. Had a mri done twice by two docs 4 months apart, xrays, cast, physical therapy, and nothing helped. I still have days when it goes out and I cant walk. I missed all that season also.

My first year of serious bowhunting I tore my ACL right before the season... A month after surgery I walked on crutches 100 yards from my car, sat down at the base of a tree because stands weren't an option and shot the biggest deer to date.. that's what got me hooked for life.

Check this website out: http://www.riparchery.com/. I have had really bad tendonitis in my elbow for the last 2 years and wasn't able to bowhunt last year at all. This release system takes all of the pressure off if the wrist and elbow and forces you to pull back with your back muscles. Not only has it got me back into hunting, but it has actually make me a better archer by forcing me to draw back and hold correctly. It is a little pricey but well worth it, I got one off of ebay for $60.

Top Bottom