Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another Treestand accident

dbltree

Super Moderator
A close friend of mine helped rescue a bowhunter down Bloomfield way this morning. Sounds like a chain broke on the stand and it was a long ways down. He wasn't able to call the person he was hunting with so if I have the story right...he called his girl friend, who called the others wife, who called my friend and 911.

They had to guess to his whereabouts but finally found him and ended up flying him out (where's Bonker anyway? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif )
Sounds like he has at least 2 broken legs and a serious back injury. I'm reluctant to post his name at this time but I'm sure many of you know him especially if you shoot competitively.

Just keep him in your thoughts and prayers that he will recover from his injuires and remember...HUNT SAFE when you hit the woods......

Damn... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Hope the guy makes it through all right.

God Bless.

Dean

Really makes you want to check your stand every time you get in

Hope he makes it through all right

Hearing of one accident is too many. I'll send out a prayer for his health tonight.

Bad news, for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris Ellis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was this Mike Anderson? I know he fell and broke his back.

Chris </div></div>

Yes...if anyone hears how he is doing please let us know

Wow... that's unfortunate. Small world. I used to shoot his old bow in competition when I was in high school. He is one heck of a guy.

I had an accident a couple of years back when my tree stand strap broke. I fell about 15 feet busting my ankle and the tree stand nailed me in the back of my head. I'm very fortunate about the way things turned out and I've using safety gear and ladder stands ever since. I hope everything turns out fine for Mike.

Just be careful out there guys and make sure your stands are all solid, and as always wear those safety straps. All it takes is once no matter how much experience.

Top Bottom