Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another Weed I.D.

TimberPig

This stuff makes up about 70% of what is invading my Clover Plus plot. It is low growing and hard to kill with mowing. The clover in this 3 yr old plot is doing great, but this weed is trying to rain on its parade. What is it, and will 2-4DB kill it?

997WeedID2_jpg-med.JPG

997WeedID_jpg-med.JPG

Thanks dbltree, figures you would have 15 links to it.
grin.gif
I actually had this one guessed right for once, but wanted to double check. It is not on the list of weeds for 2-4DB, but it still may work. Several of my other problem weeds are on the list.

2-4DB

[ QUOTE ]
it'll reseed like a bugger.
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can vouch for that. And, according to dbltree's link it is also a perennial, which explains why it keeps getting worse while the other weeds do not. I will have to do something about it or it will take over the plot. I am considering spot spraying with a 1% soulution of RU (Ed Spin method) if I cant locate some 2-4DB.

A weak round up application will probably not kill any perennial broadleaf, for the same reason it doesn't kill the clover.

Try looking for the 2,4 DB listed as Butyrac 200. I don't know if it'll kill it but it's worth a try.

I had some of that crap growing in my yard. When I sprayed Ortho Weed-B-Gone for the dandilions it killed that stuff too. Don't know what it does to clover though?

I think I will try the 1% round-up method next spring. If that fails to control the plantain but everything else looks good I may just spot spray with higher % RU, the plot is pretty small. If the 1% RU application wipes out the clover by chance, its not a huge deal and I will just begin working it for a fall re-seeding with multiple sprays and tills until its clean.
This is no longer my only plot so if it is empty for a few months it is no biggie.

Top Bottom