Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anti's are at it again....

Old Buck

Life Member
HSUS, the Humane Society of the United States, is again chipping away at our hunting rights. Here is part of an email I got from SCI, Safari Club International, a great organization that is fighting world-wide to protect hunter's rights and science based, wildlife management.

HSUS Targets SCI Partner
In a wicked email sent to all its constituents yesterday, HSUS called on its members to contact The Outdoor Channel and urge them to stop doing business with SCI on our upcoming TV show. Below are some snippets from that email. SCI would encourage all its members to counter this HSUS effort and contact The Outdoor Channel praising them for their decision to work with SCI's new television program. Contact info is below as well. If you would like to see the full email from HSUS, let me know.

"Safari Club International (SCI) has announced the launch of a new television series that will showcase the planned pursuit and killing of exotic animals across the globe. This new series, set to air next September, is the product of a partnership between the Outdoor Life Network, Comcast Television, Orion Multimedia and Image Works, Inc.
"Contact the Outdoor Life Network today and urge the company to disassociate itself from SCI and a television series with this organization. Request that future shows not include the killing or inhumane treatment of animals.
Marc Fein, Senior Vice President of Programming, Outdoor Life Network, Two Stamford Plaza, 281 Tresser Blvd, 9th floor, Stamford, Connecticut 06901, Viewer Hotline: 203-406-2613 or Deliver your comments directly via the web: www.olntv.com/feedback.asp
Tis the Season

Here is my email to the Outdoor Life Network.

As an avid outdoors person, hunter and conservationist I want to applaud you for your decision to work with SCI on the new fall series. As I am sure you know, Safari Club International is a world wide leader in protecting the rights of hunters and promoting sound wildlife management. I am really looking forward to the series and will be encouraging my friends to tune in to the Outdoor Channel also.

Sincerely,
Larry Zach

Is helping protect our hunting rights worth 90 seconds of your time?

I just sent my email to them. Thank You Larry for giving all of us this heads up.

I would hope that all of our members will take the time to email their thoughts to OLN.

Ron

Way to go HSUS! Idiots like that would take away all freedoms for the sake of being "humane", if they could. Email sent. Maybe if they had brains in their heads they would realize they could change the channel if something was on the tube they didn't want to watch. It's called Freedom of choice.

I agree nicerack, If there is something on the tube I don't want to watch I simply TURN THE CHANNEL! My email is sent.

90 seconds was worth it to me, I'm also a member of SCI, This is a world wide organazation. SCI really plays a big role in our future of hunting, they have a deal going that if a member pays the annual fee for a friend, they will send the member that payed a $50 gift certifacate to Cabelas. As far as I'm concerned its worth the money and you get a a thick all colored mag with all kinds of awesome pictures and some sweet storys on the hunts. You also get a thick newspaper with awesome hunting stuff. Any thing that they send to the member is awesome, we'll just leave it at that.

If it wasn't for us being carnavores, we woulldn't have even made it through the ice age. Just imagine if every person was brought up on a farm in the whole world, or in a hunters house. Humane, see what iraq looks like. Damn I love my rights...

Anyone can gripe. It is great to see people who are willing to take action and fight for what they believe in. Way to go guys!
grin.gif

Alaskan, thanks for the additional info. Well said!
grin.gif

Anyone else care enough to get involved?

Old Buck

waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif
Larry, thanx for the heads up, I shot them a nice email. Merry xmas !

Way to get involved guys!
grin.gif
It is always easy to sit back and say 'it won't happen here', but remember we are the only state west of the Mississippi and I think only one of 9 in the entire country that does't have a mourning dove season. And that is after we got a bill through the house and senate!
mad.gif

I think it is wiser to keep flexing our muscles than to sit back in over confidence and wait until we perceive an eminent threat. When someone supports us let's let them know we appreciate it because the anti's will always be pushing them the other way. The squeaky wheel gets the oil!

Old Buck

I just bought an SCI membership for myself for x-mas. Also sent off an email. Thanks for urging everyone to get involved Old Buck.

I dropped them a line also, they don't even want us WATCHING hunting shows now? What a joke, if you don't like it, DON'T WATCH IT!!!!!!! But don't tell me I can't. Got to love America!

Thank you sir, and I even wished them Happy Hoildays. That goes for all of you Iowawhitetailers too.

Top Bottom