Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Antler plaques

dbltree

Super Moderator
After looking at some of the pics of antler mounts in the "hunting rooms" posts...just wondering what you all prefer for antler plaques or panels? My son killed a buck in shotgun season and I'm looking for a plaque and can't decide what looks best or if I should use leather or a cover?
I know it's not a "booner" but in a fathers eyes...it's a trophy!!

771Jesse_Dec_2005-med.jpg

Few different styles at this link: http://www.jimallred.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=80

I would check vandykestaxidermy.com, we get all our taxidermy supplies through them and I know they have a few different ones on display, I kinda like the darker coloring in the wood and felt, but that is me!

Kings Dimensions has quality plaques at around $40 a piece. And they look very nice. They are finished with urethane all you have to do is mount the rack to it. Very simple.

www.mckenziesp.com

Check this out. I do my own taxidermy work and they seem to have the best plaques and backboards.

They also have some cool turkey fan tail options as well.

Good Luck

I'll try to get some pics. I have my plaques made locally. I have some made from a cover from vandykes. It has an embossed euro mount on the center. The most recent one I did I like the best. I bought the shield and used paper mache to fill it in. I then used felt to cover it, I added a pewter bowhunter bought from gander mountain.

[ QUOTE ]
I like to use panels. Get most all of my stuff here.

Very nice products and excellent service.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like RBB, I get all of my stuff from Walnut Creek Hardwood. I've been ordering from them for years and have had nothing but positive experiences with them. Great folks to talk with on the phone or now you can order directly from their website.

Thanks for all the great ideas guys! Not sure having so many possibles makes it any easier, but it sure is fun looking them all over!
smile.gif

Top Bottom