Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Antler question

Deere1

With the bucks holding on to their antlers much later with the mild weather how's that going to effect next years growth ? Will there be bucks in velvet during the next hunting season?

Sent from my iPhone using IW

No, bucks dont start growing there antlers till there is a certin length of daytime. then deer grow there antlers around 130 days. And this isint that late for deer to be shedding, it is just later for more. Just wait, in a few weeks almost all the bucks will be shed.

I would think that because of the warmer weather that the antlers should be alot better next year.They were not so stressed out this year so they should be alot healthier.I also believe that a deers antlers are going to grow a certain amount of days regardless of when they drop.

Last edited:
The growing period will still be the same. Those that have shed just won't start regrowing new antlers until later and vice versa. If they drop later they will start growing back sooner.

I would agree, that most likely we will see maybe better overall growth with all of our bucks. Of course, nutrition plays a large part in that.

I think it is a 200 day growing period regardless of how long a buck holds his antlers I have seen multiple bucks hold until the new antler pushes off the old antler.

Top Bottom